Thick plasticised bitumen sealer
- Bitumen Mastic is a trowel-applied, heavy-duty, thick, black, plasticised sealer and repair compound, which may be used to seal most roofing defects: roof screw bolts, nail holes, sheeting laps, valleys, gutters, down pipes, cracked tiles and many other roofing details.
- Bitumen Mastic has a built-in membrane so an additional membrane is generally not required.
- Bitumen Mastic is solvent-based and therefore not recommended for fish ponds or any drinking water applications.
- Bitumen Mastic can be used effectively for repair work if rain is imminent, as it is solvent-based.
- Not recommended where exposure to negative water pressure is present.
- Bitumen Mastic is flammable when wet. All necessary fire precautions should be taken.
- In areas were Bitumen Mastic is exposed to UV it is recommended to overcoat with Alu-Coat Silver (bituminous aluminium paint).
- Clean up with thinners, solvent or petrol.